<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8163101: dual-screen issue with JMenu, JPopupMenu

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Mon Nov 7 15:13:56 UTC 2016

On 28.10.16 13:12, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>> XWindow.scaleUp/scaleDown/getScale do not depend on screen on Linux.
>>
>> How it is possible since scaleXX use the graphics config of the window?
> Because on linux we do not support different scales only the same scale.

This is the question why it is unsupported, since Unity can set
different dpi per screen. But this is unrelated. We support a different
GraphicsDevice per screen, each device should have its own scale(even if
it is the same value). The code which operates on screen bounds should
use its own graphics device.

>>> I proposed to do same to investigate the problem. Does it mean that you
>>> approve the current fix?
>>
>> No, this is one is a separate bug. and I already described why.
> But do you have any other concerns to the current fix?

The code in question should use the bounds of the screen where the
component is located, not a bounds of the main screen.