<AWT Dev> jtreg failing in awt tests

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Thu Nov 24 03:03:48 UTC 2016

At least in part, it's related to the underlying JavaTest harness.

It would be good to improve things in this area.

There are a bunch of options which are now "strange defaults", but I
don't know how much problems we would cause to change. For example,

1. othervm is now the default, but I recommend agentvm
2. all tests is the default but I would recemmend most folk use -a (for
automatic tests only)
3. report generation.

Maybe as jdk 10 gets underway, that would be a good time to reconsider
some of these choices.

-- Jon