<AWT Dev> RFR: JDK-8165232 XKeycodeToKeysym is deprecated and should be replaced with XkbKeycodeToKeysym

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Sep 6 19:29:27 UTC 2016

Alan,

You are removing this : native method

Java_sun_awt_X11_XlibWrapper_XKeycodeToKeysym There is no explanation
about this .. and unless you discovered this method is obsolete (never
called) it seems like it should also be updated .. not deleted. And
since I see it called from XToolkit.java it appears updating is what is
needed. You would then also need to revert the mapfile change. -phil.