<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8163101: dual-screen issue with JMenu, JPopupMenu

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Fri Sep 23 16:22:42 UTC 2016

On 23.09.2016 19:03, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

>>> Because it does not work as it should.
>> Interesting... How did you conclude that?
>
> Because it should return the bounds of the primary screen, not
> "combined virtual screen". Also its spec should be updated to mention
> units instead of real pixels which differs in HiDPI.
Screen is a platform dependent term. In case Xinerama is on there is
only one screen in multi-monitor configuration. In this case individual
monitor parameters still can be get using special Xrandr library but for
window manager there is only one screen (combined). Since java toolkit
communicates to WM it should use WM's "language".