<AWT Dev> RFR: JDK-8165232 XKeycodeToKeysym is deprecated and should be replaced with XkbKeycodeToKeysym

Alan Burlison Alan.Burlison at oracle.com
Mon Sep 26 22:09:36 UTC 2016

On 26/09/16 23:01, Philip Race wrote:

> So that looks like it should work although the duplicate definition irks.
> Can we remove the static and have it just be extern declared in XWindow.c ?

Absolutely - I didn't particularly like it either but I was a bit wary
of adding a new external symbol. Is the current name OK?

> For testing can you submit a jprt job and I'll see if I can rustle up some
> SQE support to identify any tests that might be good to run.

Excellent, thank you :-) I've already run jprt with the core testset,
I'll send you the notification mail separately. There were a couple of
test failures but they didn't seem related to this change, although a
pair of more experienced eyes would be good!

--
Alan Burlison