<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8166591 [macos 10.12] Trackpad scrolling of text on OS X 10.12 Sierra is very fast (Trackpad, Retina only)

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Sep 29 20:00:07 UTC 2016

>> value should be accumulated) And this is responsibility of upper level to do
>> some work depending from the MouseWheelEvent.
>
> But we already did some magic to support mouse event.
> On the top level I have no access to the phase values.

But how this values helps you? If we roundup the accumulator on the "end
phase" the scroll will be slow in the middle phase, no?

>> This how these component implemented and I think we can change or tweak
>> this. If you run SwingSet2 demo on "Scroll Pane Demo" you will see that it
>> is possible to scroll per units(every pixel on non-retina/every two pixels
>> on the retina).
>
> This is not a list. And this image scrolls very-very slow.
> Usually we setUnitIncrement(10) to such components.

It is scrolled slow-slow because we get such notifications from native.
I am still hope Apple will fix this.

> Note, that MouseWheelEvent contains deltaY (line scroll)
> instead of scrollingDeltaY (pixel scroll) from native events.

That's a good question can we use scrollingDeltaX/Y instead and in the
same time tweak the "scrollAmount" value. What is a "scrollAmount" means
here? is it a pixels? If yes why we cannot post scrollingDeltaX/Y as a
scrollAmount(and set wheelRotation as +-1)?