<AWT Dev> [10] JDK-8193468: [PIT][TEST BUG]: java/awt/FileDialog/MoveToTrashTest.java fails on Linux

shashidhara veerabhadraiah shashidhara.veerabhadraiah at oracle.com
Sat Dec 16 04:40:43 UTC 2017

Hi, Please review a test only fix for a regression introduced under the original bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8190515 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8190515>.

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8193468 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8193468>

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8193468/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sveerabhadra/8193468/webrev.00/>

Fix: A file move to trash action is not supported on some platforms and was missing in the initial implementation. Now there is a check being introduced to verify if this is action is permitted on this particular platform or not and based on that the test proceeds.

Please note that JDK target version is put as 10 and this is as per the bug description and if this needs to be changed to 11, please let me know. I assume that when this bug was created, right JDK version was put across.

Thanks and regards,
Shashi