<AWT Dev> [10] Review request for 8155197: Focus transition issue

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Wed Oct 4 16:23:04 UTC 2017

Hi Dmitry,

If you make a detailed look on the Component class methods like
setEnables(), setFocusable() and setVisible() the most recent focus
owner is cleared or transferred only after the component is made
non-focusable. Since the fix is aimed for concurrent scenarios the
recheck actually makes sens.

Also it would be more correct always trying to determine the first
focusable component in traversal order before before the attempt to set
focus owner as it is done in restoreFocus(Window aWindow, Component
boolean clearOnFailure):

                 if (!toFocus.isShowing() || !toFocus.canBeFocusOwner()) {
                     toFocus = toFocus.getNextFocusCandidate();
                 }
otherwise when focus is restored to actually non-focusable component the
final focus owner may become null while the next component in container
traversal order is expected to have the input focus.

--Semyon