<AWT Dev> [10] Review request for 8148619: Select the closest resolution variant in BaseMultiResolutionImage

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Fri Sep 8 18:48:53 UTC 2017

On 09/08/2017 11:29 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

> This is not a mistake, it was done intentionally because this is a
> small/basic/simple/fast implementation.
This is important criteria but it is not enough for public API. In
internal classes the internal implementation logic could be shared
between the provider class and its client, but this obviously violates
the encapsulation concept.  But this is not suitable for a public API.
Look at the way how this API is designed: To have
BaseMultiResolutionImage woking correctly the client must provide
BaseMultiResolutionImage internal data structure prepared by a certain
rule in constructor argument. This API design looks inappropriate to
common standard without any significant reason.

--Semyon