<AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8198690: Multiple failures in java/awt/Window/ShapedAndTranslucentWindows

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Feb 27 00:19:34 UTC 2018

I think you need to use Image I/O to save the failed image and examine it.
The test is capturing pixels at offsets of 20 into the window,
presumably to avoid
any "nice" blending effects the desktop may apply to the edges of windows.
If you save the image you can inspect it at leisure better assess why
the test fails.
The StaticallyShaped one for example carves out rectangles and maybe on
MacOS
the blending is happening on these too ?

-phil.