<AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8196017: java/awt/Mouse/GetMousePositionTest/GetMousePositionWithPopup.java fails

Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah shashidhara.veerabhadraiah at oracle.com
Tue Feb 27 04:11:23 UTC 2018

Hi Sergey, Before I sent out this review I ran this test different platforms and saw that it was passing. But then after I sent it out for review I found that the test had not run on Windows 10!! That was strange and was not expecting it in the first place. I found that mouseMoved() event was never received for the frame 2!! And our test passes or fails within the frame 2's mouseMoved() event callback.

We do receive this event on mac and win 7 and am not sure why are we missing it on win 10. So I think it is good to make this test specific to mac as the original fix was specific to mac only and log a new bug to debug on this problem. I do not see as an issue with test as it is a simple test and it falsely passes even with normal dpi and hidpi on win 10. And bug JDK-8027154 was a test only update.

Thanks and regards,
Shashi