<AWT Dev> OpenJdk11-28-EA JDialog hanging

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:13:29 UTC 2018

Martin,

Le mer. 17 oct. 2018 à 18:33, Martin Balao <mbalao at redhat.com> a écrit :

> I've re-read the description of SequencedEvent and could not find any
> atomicity requirements. I mean, we can do it by either discarding events
> (as before) or by holding them for the future (as we do with out-of-order
> SequencedEvent events), but this would block the EDT and I'm not convinced
> to do so.

If the behavior changed in your patch, it sounds more conservative to
discard events (as before) if the present bug is still fixed.
It could be revisited later in another appropriate bug.
Is it a trivial change in your event filter ? I am looking forward trying
this alternative sllution.

> BTW: this may explain the "null windows source" error we noticed with
> Laurent under the test stress conditions.

I am understanding now why this side effect happened few times in my tests.

Thanks,
Laurent