<AWT Dev> <AWT dev>[12] Review request for JDK-8206392: [macosx] Cycling through windows (JFrames) does not work with keyboard shortcut

Manajit Halder manajit.halder at oracle.com
Tue Sep 4 17:54:14 UTC 2018

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your reply. Please see my reply inline.

Thanks,
Manajit

On 01/09/18 12:02 AM, Dmitry Markov wrote:
> Hi Manajit,
>
> The current implementation assumes that orderAboveSiblings() places
> the window in front of other windows located at the same level. The
> proposed fix introduces new behaviour: if the window does not have an
> owner and child windows it won’t be ordered, (i.e. in certain
> conditions the window may be obscured by other windows even after
> orderAboveSibling() execution). Most likely such approach will break
> existed functionality - some windows will be incorrectly placed behind
> other windows.
     If I am not wrong windows (other than Window.Type.POPUP) are
already ordered in setVisible method at line no 632 while creation.
While debugging I observed that orderFront is called twice when the
window is displayed for the first time (in method setVisible and in
method orderAboveSiblings). Now when Key press COMMAND + ` is pressed
the current window receives windowDidBecomeMain notification and which
calls orderFront and also COMMAND + ` tries to order the window above.
Two time ordering the window when COMMAND + ` is pressed is causing
problem in case of multiple windows.

> I am sorry, but the relationship between the original problem
> described in the bug, (i.e. cycling through windows issue) and
> implementation of orderAboveSiblings() is NOT clear. Can you explain this?
     This issue is a regression of JDK-8169589 introduced in JDK release
8u131. 8169589 introduced new window ordering model and which has
introduced the cycling through window issue.

> Thanks,
> Dmitry
>
>> On 31 Aug 2018, at 07:55, Manajit Halder <manajit.halder at oracle.com
>> <mailto:manajit.halder at oracle.com>> wrote: