<AWT Dev> RFR : 8227737: avoid implicit-function-declaration on AIX

Baesken, Matthias matthias.baesken at sap.com
Wed Jul 17 07:55:38 UTC 2019

Thanks !

  *   How far are we then from enabling "warnings as errors" on AIX? :P
  *

I count  in the opt/product  jdk/jdk AIX   build  currently   60  remaining  matches  of compiler warnings .

Plus additionally  a number of those (probably linker warnings ?) :
1500-029: (W) WARNING: subprogram ...  could not be inline

Guess we have to suppress  / ignore   at least most of the linker  inlining warnings   (we ignore them for a decade IMHO).

>From the  60 remaining compiler warnings   I mentioned  are  ~ 30 of type Wformat :

warning: format specifies type 'int *' but the argument has type 'int' [-Wformat]
warning: format specifies type 'unsigned long long' but the argument has type 'size_t' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]

Guess those can the easily fixed (and should be fixed).

Regards, Matthias