<AWT Dev> RFR: 8227587: Add internal privileged System.loadLibrary

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Thu Jul 11 14:39:46 UTC 2019

Hi Roger,

On 2019-07-11 16:10, Roger Riggs wrote:
> Hi Claes,
>
> JavaLangAccess.java:
> 316: Add @param tag

done.

> System.java:  2282, 2287
> Runtime.loadLibrary0 makes a second check for a security manager.
> Is there any potential gain by calling ClassLoader.loadLibrary directly?
> None of the internal uses would have a separatorChar.

Most of the gain comes from not having to load one-off PA classes or
lambdas, but of course avoiding the indexOf and a few indirections are
marginally helpful to startup. We should at least assert that the
library names are sane, though.

> I expect most of the files need a copyright update.
> The script in <repo>/make/scripts/update_copyright_year.sh should do the
> work for modified files.

Fixed copyrights and updated in place:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8227587/open.00

Thanks!