<AWT Dev> Request for Sponsor: 8217735: awt_image_GifImageDecoder_parseImage() "interlace" param has the wrong type

Andrew Leonard andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com
Tue Mar 26 19:42:04 UTC 2019

Hi,
Please can I obtain a sponsor for this simple fix to correct the
parseImage() jni parameter type?
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aleonard/8217735/webrev.00/

The problem manifests itself most notably with OpenJ9 when running the
SwingSet2 demo, depending on how the stack byte alignment resolves
iteself.
I've not seen an issue yet running SwingSet2 with Hotspot, possibly by
luck of stack alignment.

Many thanks
Andrew

Andrew Leonard
Java Runtimes Development
IBM Hursley
IBM United Kingdom Ltd
Phone internal: 245913, external: 01962 815913
internet email: andrew_m_leonard at uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.