<AWT Dev> RFR: 8252999: Cleanup: replace .equals("") with .isEmpty() within all codebase

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 10 13:56:10 UTC 2020

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:18:51 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This should be broken up to deal with the files in different functional areas under different bugids and PRs. Otherwise
>> the cross-posting to so many lists is prohibitive. Files in different areas need to be reviewed by different teams.
>> Thank you.
>
> @dholmes-ora raises a good point. Hopefully there is a balance point between a dozen different bugs / pull requests
> each targeting one area and one bug / PR targeting a dozen separate areas. I don't have a good general rule to suggest.
> Maybe @AlanBateman or @jddarcy can offer some advice?

14 cc'd mailing lists is unworkable. You need to be subscribed to lists to post, but even if you are a reply-all will
be delayed due to all of the mails being held up for moderator approval due to:

" Too many recipients to the message"

I have a longer email coming once it gets through the moderator approval delay. :(