<AWT Dev> 8252015: Enhancement TrayIcon for macOS 11.0

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Sun Sep 13 01:27:55 UTC 2020

On 01.09.2020 09:23, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
>   * Are such API changes allowed in AWT to improve the user experience?
>   * If so, will they be accepted if these functions have not yet been ported to other platforms (such as Win32, GNU Linux, etc)

I think it is fine to integrate such functionality, but the problems arise about
the public API. It should be carefully checked what is the best way to represent
it: via TrayIcon class, via some properties, or something else, and the main
question of how it will work on other platforms.

>   * What will be our next steps as to work with AWT on getting this change accepted?

I think it will be good to start from the PR on the GitHub, which will investigate possible
solutions.