<AWT Dev> RFR: 8080185: [TESTBUG] Test instructions need to be updated for test java/awt/dnd/DnDFileGroupDescriptor/DnDFileGroupDescriptor [v3]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.java.net
Mon Apr 12 04:56:29 UTC 2021

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 04:03:31 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This bug was filed to remove the "Outlook requirement" but it does not mean that we should lose the opportunity to verify the JDK-6242241.
>
> I am not sure I am understanding..
> JDK-6242241 was Outlook bug so I am not sure how to remove "Outlook requirement" to verify that fix and thus bug? I don't think we can satisfy both requirement!!!
> Are you saying we will add @requires but not remove from problem list?
> Or add
> Outlook steps plus
> "If Outlook is not present in some platform then you can test with any file from File Explorer"

I also think the bug was raised by internal SQE when it was thought that the test could be run on multiple platforms but
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/rev/d8efcad28072
made sure it can be run only for windows (although fix not done fully). So, I think we should just add @requires in the html file and not put much stress on removing Outlook requirement.