<AWT Dev> RFR: 8267385: Create NSAccessibilityElement implementation for JavaComponentAccessibility [v2]

Pankaj Bansal pbansal at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jul 7 11:25:52 UTC 2021

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 15:00:41 GMT, Artem Semenov <github.com+36081106+savoptik at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/JavaComponentAccessibility.m line 372:
>>
>>> 370:     if ([javaRole isEqualToString:@"pagetablist"]) {
>>> 371:         newChild = [TabGroupLegacyAccessibility alloc];
>>> 372:     } else if ([javaRole isEqualToString:@"table"]) {
>>
>> Do we even need legacy peer implementation in the new classes?
>
> The new TabGroup is also named TabGroupAccessibility, so as not to get out of the naming, the old class is renamed for this, otherwise the building will fail.

But when are these Legacy classes used? The "pagetablist" and "table" roles are being handled in commonComponentAccessibility and new implementation classes will be used there. Why can't we just remove these legacy classes and any references to them, instead of renaming them