<AWT Dev> RFR: 8270859: Post JEP 411 refactoring: client libs with maximum covering > 10K

Vest github.com+1671049+vest at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jul 16 21:44:51 UTC 2021

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:52:08 GMT, Weijun Wang <weijun at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is the last part of Post JEP 411 refactoring that makes `@SuppressWarnings("removal")` more fine grained. This fix deals with all client libs annotations that cover more than 10K bytes of code.

src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/ImageIcon.java line 124:

> 122:                 // We don't care about component.
> 123:                 // So don't prevent class initialisation.
> 124:                 e.printStackTrace();

I am not the reviewer, but I am curious. If we do not care about the exception, is it a right way to just print it to the console as it is? If people use loggers, they won’t be able to capture this stack trace.
thank you for your answer in advance.
p.s. I know it is not your code, but isn’t it a suitable time to improve this part?