<AWT Dev> RFR: 8262731: [macOS] Exception from "Printable.print" is swallowed during "PrinterJob.print" [v2]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Tue Jun 8 20:06:17 UTC 2021

>>> 31:    @run main/manual ExceptionFromPrintableIsIgnoredTest EDT PE
>>> 32:    @run main/manual ExceptionFromPrintableIsIgnoredTest EDT RE
>>
>> wjy is this still manual ?
>
> The test is manual, because the test initiates printing and there is a chance that on a test host a default printer will be some virtual printer which can show the native dialog asking to specify the location of PDF file in which the printed document should be saved, in this case the test will be blocked and will be killed by "jtreg" by a timeout, what is unacceptable for the automatic test which should not slow down the speed of execution of all other automatic tests. For example such a virtual printer on Windows OS can be "Microsoft Print to PDF". By the way, I already explained this reason in one of my replies to your questions in the previous iteration of the code review.

I thought I also explained that the printer keyword means it would only be run if the system has a real printer by virtue of it being set in the jtreg run. You could also do that on a virtual printer if you didn't mind entering the file name