<AWT Dev> RFR: 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal [v3]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 19 18:46:46 UTC 2021

On Wed, 19 May 2021 18:39:10 GMT, Weijun Wang <weijun at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/Container.java line 97:
>>
>>> 95:  * @since     1.0
>>> 96:  */
>>> 97: @SuppressWarnings("removal")
>>
>> Same issue as with Component. a > 5,000 line file that uses AccessController in just 4 places.
>>
>> Where else are you adding this to entire classes instead of the specific site ?
>
> Similar as the one above, it's because of
>
>     static {
>         // Don't lazy-read because every app uses invalidate()
>         isJavaAwtSmartInvalidate = AccessController.doPrivileged(
>                 new GetBooleanAction("java.awt.smartInvalidate"));
>     }

We are thinking of more tweaks after this overall change to make the annotation more precise. For example, in this case we can assign the `doPrivileged` result to a local variable right at its declaration, and then assign it to `isJavaAwtSmartInvalidate`. Some people might think this is ugly. Such manual code changes need to done little by little to ease code reviewing.