<AWT Dev> RFR: 8266459: Implement JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal [v3]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.java.net
Fri May 21 20:55:02 UTC 2021

On Fri, 21 May 2021 20:43:05 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I haven't seen any response to this comment I made a couple of days ago and I suspect it got missed
>
> > Weijun Wang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
> > fixing awt/datatransfer/DataFlavor/DataFlavorRemoteTest.java
>
> test/jdk/java/awt/datatransfer/DataFlavor/DataFlavorRemoteTest.java line 59:
>
> > 57:                 ProcessCommunicator
> > 58:                         .executeChildProcess(Consumer.class, new String[0]);
> > 59:         if (!"Hello".equals(processResults.getStdOut())) {
>
> Who or what prompted this change ?

I replied right in the thread but unfortunately GitHub does not display it at the end of page.

This is because the process is now launched with `-Djava.security.manager=allow` (because of another change in https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/4071), and a new warning is displayed in stderr. Therefore I switched to stdout.