Huh?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Dec 5 00:20:43 PST 2013

05.12.2013, 07:04, "Senusi Lewis" <sjlewis01 at yahoo.com>:
> Okay
>
> I managed to download and install xcode 3.1.4 and it installed
> I tried to the which command and it gives this
>
> /usr/bin/make
>
> It still giving me problems and some of the information is over my head. I am very new ti using unix commands. I tried setting the path but It make no sense
>
> from what complicate mush said  it should be this.
> /usr/bin/ but that is already in this line: ( in bold)
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cd bsd-port
> time env -i \
>  PATH="/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin" \  <--- This one
>  LANG=C \
>  make \
>  CC=gcc-4.2 \
>  CXX=g++-4.2 \
>  ALLOW_DOWNLOADS=true \
>  ALT_BOOTDIR=/usr/local/openjdk7-zerovm-ppc-jyeary-2012-01-18-b00 \
>  ALT_FREETYPE_HEADERS_PATH=/usr/X11R6/include \
>  ALT_FREETYPE_LIB_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib \
>  ALT_CACERTS_FILE=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home/lib/security/cacerts \
>  LIBFFI_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ffi" \
>  DEFAULT_LIBPATH="/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib" \
>  NO_DOCS=true \
>  ZERO_BUILD=true \
>  ZERO_ENDIANNESS=big \
>  ZERO_LIBARCH=ppc \
>  ZERO_ARCHDEF=PPC \
>  ZERO_ARCHFLAG="-arch ppc" \
>  PARALLEL_COMPILE_JOBS=4 \
>  HOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS=2
>
> But still nothing. which command says its there but how do you set it? This is getting frustrating when have the stuff is not in lyaman's terms.

I'm afraid Mac OS X on PowerPC is not layman-friendly environment nowadays, especially if you want to get new software running on it (since it often requires fixing the software). You need to get familiar with Unix and gcc toolchain, and understand OS X pecularities (e.g., "install name" thingy). Then come back.

--
Regards,
Konstantin