RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Wed Dec 1 04:44:26 UTC 2021

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:46:34 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I regenerated it by following the instructions to compile and run the test class as a standalone tool on `x86_64 GNU/Linux`, which updated all of the existing files. I verified it fixes the test on that platform, I don't have a great way to test it on the other platforms right now.

As far as I remember the previous fix regenerated the binary files only, for a specific reason - before that a couple of commits fixed a memory leak which prevents the Aqua L&F deletes all its delegates during cleanup step. This cleanup step is executed in two cases, when we serialize the component or when we switch one L&F to another.

Since the fix for JDK-8276665 exposed another bug you will need:
 1. Regenerate the data on macOS
 2. If the test will fail while use the new regenerated data, then you will need to fix the Aqua to properly delete the references to the Aqua specific objects.