RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v3]

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at openjdk.java.net
Wed Dec 1 22:56:28 UTC 2021

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 22:14:58 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Usually the delegate which install some properties/listeners/etc is responsible for cleanup.

I'm not sure I understand, aren't these being installed in `BasicPanelUI`?

https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/4166dfd004d16769f8ea1d3441d3d19dedfd6867/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicPanelUI.java#L81-L85

Would it make sense to create a corresponding `LookAndFeel.installColorsAndFont` method that would be called from `BasicPanelUI. uninstallDefaults`?

(Sorry for the naive questions here--as I mentioned I started investigating this when I thought it was related to JDK-8271623, and am not familiar with this code.)