RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v9]

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at openjdk.java.net
Mon Dec 13 17:57:15 UTC 2021

I have filed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8278620 to track adding test coverage for the `uninstallUI` methods and deciding on the best fix for that issue.

> Taking into account the above comments, this test could be simplified to write out the objects and then read them in. No persistent serialization which is explicitly unsupported.
>
>  I think we should scrap the test or find a different way to do whatever it intends to verify.

Currently the test relies on making a manual change to `DragGestureEvent` and `DragGestureRecognize` before serializing the objects, so it's not clear to me how the test would be modified to do that at test-time: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/5a4a9bb9d55134deac0e02cf37f31d1dd2223024/test/jdk/java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java#L95-L96

I'm happy to update this change to scrap the test if there's agreement that's the best resolution.