RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v9]

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at openjdk.java.net
Thu Dec 16 01:36:59 UTC 2021

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:03:49 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This change updates the serialized objects used by `java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java` using a similar approach to the previous fix in [JDK-8039082](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039082).
>
> Liam Miller-Cushon has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add a few more missing calls to LookAndFeel.uninstallColors

Ok!

So is the idea to wait for a separate fix for [JDK-8278620](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8278620), and then update the checked-in serialized objects and re-enable the test?

What do you think of the suggestion to simplify the test to write out the objects and then read them in, without persistent serialization, since there was some discussion about that being explicitly unsupported? I'm still not sure how that would be achieved with the current test, since it relies on modifications to `DragGestureEvent` and `DragGestureRecognize` to serialize the objects?