[jdk18] RFR: 8279227: Access Bridge: Wrong frame position and hit test result on HiDPI display [v2]

Anton Tarasov ant at openjdk.java.net
Mon Dec 27 15:12:17 UTC 2021

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 00:00:03 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Aleksandr Veselov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fix missing import
>
> src/jdk.accessibility/windows/classes/com/sun/java/accessibility/internal/AccessBridge.java line 1768:
>
>> 1766:             FontMetrics fm = acomp.getFontMetrics(acomp.getFont());
>> 1767:             if (fm != null) {
>> 1768:                 return fm.getFontRenderContext().getTransform();
>
> I am not sure do we really update the FRC for the component when the DPI is changed?

I've checked it - it does not change, which is unexpected... Doesn't it seem like a bug?

Actually, the problem is that AccessibleComponent does not provide the component's GC, which is a missing. Ideally would be to add it to the API and then use - because it already contains actual scales for the component. It's a pity to do all that calculations just because we lack API calls...

Is it worth trying to fix the font metrics update instead and use it until the new API is ready and available?