RFR: 8169468: NoResizeEventOnDMChangeTest.java fails because FS Window didn't receive all resizes!

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Tue Nov 2 04:01:12 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 03:11:29 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Are you saying it went FS on one display and then jumped ?

That is exactly what happened and only in this case the test were failed - obviously, because the window was on a secondary display and resize was happening on the primary so window has not got any events about resize. I added a lot of debug information to the native code but after that i ran test for hours non stop and it does not reproduce - i guess it is all due to the timings. You see, when we changing resolution the physical display goes offline (at least on my system with NVidia card) meaning status LED goes from green to amber, then it goes green again with the new resolution set. If request to get full screen windows from GD comes at that exact moment the window might be placed on a secondary display which does not change. I do not know how to force OS not to reassign window to another display in this case.