RFR: 8017175: [TESTBUG] javax/swing/JPopupMenu/4634626/bug4634626.java sometimes failed on mac [v2]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Thu Oct 28 09:24:09 UTC 2021

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 08:57:34 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think that was changed 15 years ago or so somewhere before the release of the JDK5 the spec was updated

Ok, i will fix that in this particular test for the sake of getting a closure on it but it seems wrong to me on so many levels. And it is no surprise so many automated Swing tests are failing intermittently  - they were written according the old notion of the Swing component lifecycle and was never updated to reflect the backwards incompatible change we accidentally did. Shame. But that's a topic to discuss and dig deeper later.