RFR: 8276058: Some swing test fails on specific CI macos system [v2]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Thu Oct 28 21:41:10 UTC 2021

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:30:46 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Sorry, not following .. do you mean you think the cursor is captured when it is enlarged ? Like somehow a software cursor is used that is painted in a different way so that it always show up ? But the screen captures in the bug report seem to show a small cursor and the above A11Y setting on the test system has Cursor Size: Normal (ie the very minimum of the slider)

I can confirm that the changing the size of the cursor on that setting page can change the visibility of the cursor on the screenshot. If the cursor is "small" then it is completely invisible, if the cursor size is changed above some threshold it became visible on the screenshot. So it might be a case when on that system the default cursor is bigger that the threshold.

> BTW when accessing the test system remotely it seems that A11Y feature is disabled. The slider has no effect.

So probably the local settings is not default/changed, and what is shown on the setting you see is for remote view?