RFR: 8276058: Some swing test fails on specific CI macos system [v2]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Fri Oct 29 05:26:11 UTC 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 04:31:29 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This issue is broader than the cursor, not sure that the test which needs a "tolerance" will be fixed by the hidden cursor. So the cursor is a separate part and could be fixed and especially tested separately. I am still not sure why some of the tests do not work as-is and we need to tweak the scale/tolerance/etc. probably that also some kind of bugs.

Broader ? Please expand since the change you suggest is only about the cursor

The test part of the fix has multiple stability improvements, and there's no reason to throw that out.
And moving the pixel capture position to a more safe position is fine too. I just think that -10 isn't sa\fe enough.

> We cannot update the spec in the update releases,

I am so new to this .. it never occurred :-)

> and the new behavior could be considered as a regression from x64 to aarch64.

Who mentioned aarch64 ?
Are you referring to you proposed change. I don't see the aarch64 connection anywhere
FWIW the actual hardware on which this was seen is (I think) a 2013 Mac Pro running 10.15.7