RFR: 8254841: [macos] Enter or Exit events are shouldn't be displayed while resizing [v2]

Alisen Chung github.com+90066231+alisenchung at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 16 18:14:39 UTC 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 03:48:36 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > And I tried to keep the same idea for the fix in windows:
> > `The idea of the fix would be to pick up AwtWindow.m_resizing value and not consider any messages in PreProcessMouseMsg until m_resizing is true.`
>
> If the idea just align behavior to the Windows then you can just update the AWTWindow.m#_deliverMoveResizeEvent, same as on windows set your flag to true when the [self.nsWindow inLiveResize] is true, and then at the end of the method _deliverMoveResizeEvent sets the flag to false. Or just check that [self.nsWindow inLiveResize] flag before sending the mouse event.
>
> But note that [AWTWindow synthesizeMouseEnteredExitedEventsForAllWindows] is called in the _deliverMoveResizeEvent, so it is quite possible that these "additional" events are posted by our code and not by the macos.

Oh you're right, removing the line also removes the extra mouseEntered and mouseExit events. I thought it wasn't being called because a print statement I put in that function never showed up, but I must've messed something up. Was there a reason for the synthesizeMouseEnteredExitedEventsForAllWindows call?