RFR: 8270609: [TESTBUG] java/awt/print/Dialog/DialogCopies.java does not show instruction [v3]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 17 18:04:47 UTC 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:35:16 GMT, lawrence.andrews <github.com+87324768+lawrence-andrew at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 1) When the test is executed via jtreg user can see only print dialog with no instruction to the user. User has to see the test case to see the instruction and perform the test .
>> 2) With this fix User is instructed what he/she has to do with the print dialog.
>> 3) I have added both success instruction as well as failure instruction.
>>
>> @shurymury
>
> lawrence.andrews has updated the pull request incrementally with three additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - removed unwanted textarea.setText
>  - minor change
>  - Close instruction frame after clicking OK/Cancel button

Marked as reviewed by aivanov (Reviewer).

test/jdk/java/awt/print/Dialog/DialogCopies.java line 46:

> 44:                 Document Writer does not allow setting copies to anything but 1.
> 45:                 If printer is installed then PrintDialog is visible increase the
> 46:                 number of copies and press OK/Cancel button.""";

Suggestion:

                This test requires that you have a printer.

                Press Cancel if your system has only virtual printers such as
                Microsoft Print to PDF or Microsoft XPS Document Writer since
                neither allows setting copies to anything but 1.

                If a real printer is installed, select it from the drop-down
                list in the Print dialog and increase the number of copies,
                then press OK button.""";

I tried to make the instructions clearer: Press Cancel if … . Otherwise do the following.

Maybe it's better to write _“…since they don't allow setting copies to anything but 1.”_
where “they” refers to any virtual printer.