RFR: 8254841: [macos] Enter or Exit events are shouldn't be displayed while resizing [v5]

Alan Snyder javalists at cbfiddle.com
Wed Sep 22 00:07:57 UTC 2021

My understanding is that live resizing means the window display updates continuously as the window size is changed by the user (who is dragging a resize handle).

The alternative is for AppKit to scale the original window display to fit the updated window size until the user stops dragging.

Live resizing is generally preferable. Even blanking the window is probably better than showing a scaled (and probably distorted) version of the content.

I’m not aware of any application that shows a scaled image during resize.