RFR: 8274465: Mark javax/swing/text/ParagraphView/6364882/bug6364882.java as headful

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 29 16:51:37 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 23:39:45 GMT, Jie Fu <jiefu at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> javax/swing/text/ParagraphView/6364882/bug6364882.java was observed failing on our non-GUI platforms.
> So I guess it should be marked as headful.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Jie

There are relevant comments raised by @prrace in #5661.

For convenience, I'm posting them here:

[@prrace said](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/5661#issuecomment-930321371):
I've looked at the test a tad more and two comments

1. if it fails, it dumps an image. You can provide that image
2. It is sensitive to the actual font. If your default font for whatever reason is of a size thatonemore or one less word will fit on a line, then it will fail. This does look like a test problem to me.

[@aivanov-jdk replied](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/5661#issuecomment-930346301):

Thank you, @prrace, for your comments.

1. Unfortunately, [it doesn't save the image](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/5744#issuecomment-930127270) if an exception is thrown. I overlooked this fact.
2. I agree I should've made it more flexible to accommodate for possible font size differences.

I'll fix these issues and create my own PR for [JDK-8274465](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8274465).