RFR: 8254841: [macos] Enter and Exit events shouldn't be sent whilst resizing [v8]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 29 23:02:37 UTC 2021

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 22:29:19 GMT, Alisen Chung <github.com+90066231+alisenchung at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Added a resizing flag when the window is currently being resized to block mouseEntered and mouseExited events from being posted to that window.
>
> Alisen Chung has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   added check for fullscreen mode to synthesize mouseEntered event

It sound strange, isn't the "_deliverMoveResizeEvent" should be called on the resize only, why it affect the mouse move events which posted later? the new flag NSWindowStyleMaskFullScreen will work when the window was moved to the full screen, what about the case when the window will moved from the full screen -> the mouse will appier outside of the window?

BTW we also have a call to synthesizeMouseEnteredExitedEventsForAllWindows in the windowDidEnterFullScreen which should do what you tried to achieve in the latest patch, why it does not work?