RFR: 7124282: [macosx] Can't see table cell highlighter when the highlight border is the same color as the cell. [v8]

Harshitha Onkar duke at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 6 17:33:37 UTC 2022

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:15:48 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> Also, I see if we start off with "Graphite" accent color then the focus ring is "Graphite" but then even if we change to any other accent color, the focus ring remains "Graphite"
>
> @prsadhuk I was able to replicate the above scenario and as mentioned it oddly happens only when we start with Graphite as accent color. Looking into it further.

The following type properties where checked for cellFocusRing color

- [alternateSelectedControlColor](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nscolor/1533135-alternateselectedcontrolcolor)
**Issue:** Doesn't follow accent color in macos 10.15 and deprecated property.

-  [controlAccentColor](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nscolor/3000782-controlaccentcolor)
**Issue:** Causes build issues due to version compatibility, property supported on only macOS 10.14+

- [accentColor](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/swiftui/color/accentcolor)
**Issue:** Property supported on only macOS 10.15+, compatibility and run time issues.

- [keyboardfocusindicatorcolor](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nscolor/1532031-keyboardfocusindicatorcolor)
**Issue:** Works well for most of the scenarios (including on-the-fly changes) and follows the accent color changes except when we start the application with accent color set to Graphite and then change accent color on-the-fly (as mentioned above). The cell focus ring remains gray. The issue seems to be with the system color returned by the type-property "**keyboardfocusindicatorcolor**" under this setting.