RFR: 8284521: Write an automated regression test for RFE 4371575 [v2]

Manukumar V S mvs at openjdk.java.net
Sun Apr 10 10:44:43 UTC 2022

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 17:57:42 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Manukumar V S has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Review comment fixed: Removed unwanted directory
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JComponent/JComponentSetRequestFocusEnabledTest.java line 76:
>
>> 74:                 }
>> 75:                 robot.waitForIdle();
>> 76:
>
> Since you specified robot.setAutoWaitForIdle(true) I wonder if this is needed ? Shouldn't do any harm though.

I thought robot.setAutoWaitForIdle(true) works only when some robot events like 'Mouse Press' or 'Key Events' got generated and it will call for robot.waitForIdle() for each of these generated event. But in this case we want to make sure the UI creation is completed and all the corresponding events are flushed, thats why its used here specifically. Please correct me if I'm wrong.