RFR: 8284535 : Fix PrintLatinCJKTest.java test that is failing with Parse Exception [v6]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Apr 11 12:22:47 UTC 2022

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 06:31:21 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Just an idea can we replace the builtin in the jtreg "manual" tests machinery by something like this?

An interesting idea. However, this would require updating all the existing tests including those that use its custom UI for `run/manual`.

Is it worth?
I doubt it…

> Also would like to raise a question: should we show the test instructions in the same VM where the test executed or we can show it in a separate VM?

A good idea. The instructions used to be shown in the same VM. And the majority of UI tests don't cause the VM to crash therefore the complexity of separating instructions from the test UI doesn't seem to provide much benefit.