RFR: 8284535 : Fix PrintLatinCJKTest.java test that is failing with Parse Exception [v6]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 12 02:53:14 UTC 2022

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:19:28 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>>Just an idea can we replace the builtin in the jtreg "manual" tests machinery by something like this?

It might be a nice project to update all of the rest of the tests but it'll be incremental and should start with tests we need to update anyway.

Separate VM would seem to introduce a lot of questions about how results are communicated and how you launch the target which file is really the @test ... if someone were to introduce  such a helper class along side the one here and let test developers choose which one they want for a while, we could perhaps see which approach works out better. But that would be an exercise outside of the scope of this proposal.