[Request] Post a message to all the list members

Bergeron, Jérémie jeremie.bergeron.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Tue Apr 12 17:05:39 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am the person who created this issues: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8284730

I am messaging you, because I don't have an account, so I can't answer Praveen Narayanaswamy.

I would like to say to him that his suggestion is not an good solution.

I can't copy paste file from "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts" to "C:\Windows\Fonts". Yes, it would resolve the problem, but the user probably don't want me to do that (and, they are totally right. It would make a mess in the computer file.).

I would like to add that the method getAllFonts() (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/awt/GraphicsEnvironment.html#getAllFonts--) show the font in the directory "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts".

Here is an example how to use it:
GraphicsEnvironment ge = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment();
Font[] fonts = ge.getAllFonts();

It is for me not logic that getAllFonts can get the font in "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts", but PhysicalFont.class.getDeclaredField("platName") could not get them.

In brief, I would like to know if it is possible to Praveen Narayanaswamy to reconsider his decision.

Have a great day