RFR: 8273506: java Robot API did the 'm' keypress and caused /awt/event/KeyEvent/KeyCharTest/KeyCharTest.html is timing out on macOS 12

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 20 18:20:25 UTC 2022

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:45:04 GMT, Dmitry Batrak <dbatrak at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Just a note - with the proposed fix, some generated events will be different from those generated by a real keyboard - namely events for arrow keys and F1-F12 keys

As far as i can tell they are not different, the Quartz layer adds these flags back for the composite keys so functionally there is no difference even when we interact with the external applications. The problem was that Quartz code does not clear them when events are processed and that is what caused the issue on AWT Robot side of things.