RFR: JDK-8285676: Add missing @param tags for type parameters on classes and interfaces

Stuart Marks smarks at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 27 01:48:49 UTC 2022

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:24:26 GMT, Joe Darcy <darcy at openjdk.org> wrote:

> To enable more complete doclint checking (courtesy @jonathan-gibbons), please review this PR to add type-level @param tags where they are missing.
>
> To the maintainers of java.util.concurrent, those changes could be separated out in another bug if that would ease maintenance of that code.
>
> Making these library fixes is a blocker for correcting and expanding the doclint checks (JDK-8285496).
>
> I'll update copyright years before pushing.

I've looked at the changes in java.util (but not sub packages). They're fine, modulo some minor wording changes.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/AbstractMap.java line 601:

> 599:      * {@code Map.entrySet().toArray}.
> 600:      *
> 601:      * @param <K> the type of keys maintained

Please update to match java.util.Map, which says "the type of keys maintained by this map"

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/AbstractMap.java line 748:

> 746:      *
> 747:      * @param <K> the type of keys maintained
> 748:      * @param <V> the type of mapped values

Please update to match Map.Entry, which says simply "the type of key" and "the type of the value"

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/Dictionary.java line 44:

> 42:  * @param <K> the type of keys
> 43:  * @param <V> the type of mapped values
> 44:  *

Urgh. This class is obsolete, but it was retrofitted to implement Map and was subsequently generified, so I'd update these to match java.util.Map.