RFR: 8285149: Using HashMap.newHashMap to replace new HashMap(int) [v4]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 27 04:39:43 UTC 2022

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:34:58 GMT, XenoAmess <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> These are the changes that too many to be reviewed in 8186958, thus split some of them out.
>
> XenoAmess has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - maintains compatibility with jdk1.4 for TextTests
>  - fix missed space after '='

I'm getting a bit tired of seeing these JDK wide changes with lots of files touched.
Delete all changes in desktop from this PR and re-submit them as a separate PR.

Also do not change J2DBench. We deliberately avoid using new API so that we can take it and
run it on very old JDK versions to help track regressions.