RFR: 8284888 : [macos] javax/swing/JInternalFrame/8146321/JInternalFrameIconTest.java failed with "NimbusLookAndFeel] : ERROR: icon and imageIcon not same."

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 27 07:38:39 UTC 2022

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:11:28 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > The bug is made public. The images looks alike visually. I could not find anything wrong with rendering or robot which otherwise could have caused issue in other systems and platforms but it's only failing in this CI system (but color profile setting is ok). As per [JDK-8266247](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8266247) which also happens in same mc, some faulty video memory is doubted. Also, it's not happening everytime but intermittently so seeing all this, I have just relaxed color check a bit
>
> I am not sure that the color profile or something like that can be the root cause, because the test does not check an exact RGB of the color, instead, it renders the image twice and then compares, so it is strange that the results are different.

Not sure I understand. It does not render same image twice but it renders an `ImageIcon `and an `Icon `and compare the bufferedimage of those 2 so I guess it alright to not have exact color check                  `   if (red1 != red2 || green1 != green2 || blue1 != blue2) {` and rely on color tolerance which we have in many tests involving bufferedimages..