RFR: 8285687 : Remove jtreg tag manual=yesno for ava/awt/print/PrinterJob/PageRangesDlgTest.java [v3]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 29 16:54:45 UTC 2022

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:29:51 GMT, lawrence.andrews <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> 1) Fixed Parser error by removing  yesno from @run main/manual=yesno
>> 2) Used PassFaileJFrame to show the test instruction to the user instead of printing the test instruction on the console or jtreg log file.
>> 3) If printer is not configured then mark the test as passed.
>>
>> @shurymury
>> @aivanov-jdk
>
> lawrence.andrews has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'openjdk:master' into JDK-8285687
>  - Added @key printer since this test needs printer
>  - 8285687 : Remove jtreg tag manual=yesno for ava/awt/print/PrinterJob/PageRangesDlgTest.java

One thing we could start to do is use jtreg.SkippedException - which you define yourself.
It is a "special" in that jtreg recognises it as meaning a test was skipped due to some reason
that could not/was not determined before running.
The test passes but with a special message so you know it didn't really run the test.
https://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/faq.html#what-if-a-test-does-not-apply-in-a-given-situation

For manual tests it might be good to change PassFailJFrame to be able to put up a  special message to the user in such a case and  disable "fail" ..