RFR: 8288882: JFileChooser - empty (0 bytes) file is displayed as 1 KB [v16]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Wed Aug 10 19:32:46 UTC 2022

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:30:56 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JFileChooser - empty file size issue fixed.
>> For empty file, now the size 0 KB.
>> Manual Test Case "FileSizeCheck.java" created.
>
> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   updated as per  review comments

To have all files 1->1000 bytes be 1.0kB and  yet 1,100 -> 1,200 bytes be 1.1kB does seem anomalous
from a precision perspective, since the major order of magnitude would seem to be more important to describe.

Since we already aren't going to say "bytes" for those small files, then just getting that precision with
 the decimal point seems better - as well as being consistent !